To make acupuncture more accessible, the Wellness Clinic offers special low rates for the treatment of disorders that require multiple visits.
Frequency of treatment depends on a variety of factors such as the severity of the disorder, the patient’s reaction to treatment and their overall health. More treatments often provide better results.
When treating pain or long-standing conditions, weekly or bi-weekly treatments for the first four to five sessions often have greater results than the same number of treatments spread over several weeks.
Treatment of allergies, infertility and anxiety requires weekly or bi-weekly treatments for a minimum of three months to up to a year.
The acupuncturist will discuss a treatment plan with you on your first visit and recommend the appropriate frequency of treatment.
Guidelines for Frequency of Treatments
|Condition Being Treated||Estimated Length of Treatment|
Two treatments per week for 3 to 4 months to resolve issues related to infertility such as a cold Uterus, endometriosis or ovarian cysts.
One treatment per week for 3 months to regulate the menstrual cycle.
One treatment per week for 8 months to create a proper environment for pregnancy.
|Anxiety||One treatment per week for 6 to 8 weeks after which the effectiveness of treatment is reassessed. For the best results, this condition may require treatment over an extended period.|
|Pain Relief & long-standing conditions such as digestive issues, edema & allergies||One to two treatments per week for 4 to 6 weeks after which the effectiveness of treatment is reassessed. More complex, chronic conditions may require treatment over an extended period for best results.|
|Stop Smoking||One initial treatment followed by one to two booster treatments if necessary. Treatment cost of $300 includes the consultation, auricular therapy, laser therapy, body acupuncture and a specialized herbal formula. Booster treatments are $150 but do not include auricular therapy and the Stop Smoking herbal formula.|
|Occasional Wellness & Prevention Treatments||At least monthly and especially before travel, during seasonal changes, and times of higher stress.|
Cost of Treatment
The cost of treatment varies from $50 to $110 per session. As acupuncture is a medical service, we do not charge HST.Direct billing is provided for most private insurance companies. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and debit
Health Status Consultation: $50 for 45 min resulting in a treatment plan for acupuncture, auricular therapy, Qi Gong remedial exercises, and herbal medicine depending on the presenting condition and needs of the patient.
Occasional Acupuncture Treatments: $90 to $110 – 60 min to 1hr 15 min
Multiple Acupuncture Treatments*:
- Once a week for 6 weeks: $360 (Six 45 min Treatments @ $60 each paid in advance)
- Twice a week for 4 weeks: $400 (Eight 45 min Treatments @ $50 each paid in advance)
* To benefit from the reduced price for multiple acupuncture treatments, patients are required to attend all scheduled treatment sessions. Missed appointments will be charged at the posted rate. No reimbursements provided. Insurance receipts provided after each treatment.
An additional charge up to a maximum of $20 may apply if any of following modalities are used to supplement treatment. Payment is provided at the time of treatment.
- Far Infrared Light - Free
- Electro Stimulation - Free
- Cupping - Free
- Moxa - Free
- Auricular Therapy - $15
- Laser therapy - $20
- Energy Balancing Techniques - $20
- Acupressure Massage - $20
- Specialized Qi Gong Training - $20
- Herbal Medicine: Actual Retail Cost of Herbal Formula
- Please turn off your cellphone when entering the clinic.
- Refrain from wearing fragrances in the clinic. Many patients are sensitive to chemicals and scents.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes that roll up to the elbows and knees
- Eat a small snack about an hour before treatment
- After treatment, rest and do not undertake strenuous exercise for six hours.
- Stay hydrated and warm after treatment.
What should I expect at my first appointment?
An office visit will last from 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes. The acupuncturist will review your health history, listen to your health concerns and goals, and carefully explain the process to ensure you feel comfortable. The preliminary treatment plan will be explained. The needles, once inserted, will usually be left in place from 20 to 40 minutes.
Between visits, patients are asked to make note of any changes that may occur in their health no matter how small. This allows the therapist to assess the changes that have taken place and to adjust the treatment plan accordingly.
Only sterile disposable needles are used. Some needles may pinch a bit on insertion, others are painless. Patients do not need to believe in acupuncture for it to work. They just need to keep an open mind.
According to the World Health Organization acupuncture may be helpful in the treatment of a host of conditions such as:
- Adverse reactions to radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Allergic rhinitis
- Female Infertility
- Frozen shoulder
- Hypertension & Hypotension
- Labor induction
- Malposition of fetus
- Morning sickness
- Pain Conditions: Facial, Neck, Lower Back, Knee & Sciatic Pain
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Tennis elbow
The more information you have about your condition the better. Patients should check with their regular doctor, especially for conditions that do not change with treatment or continue to worsen. If you are on any prescription medications, please don’t stop taking the medicine without checking with your prescribing physician.
Acupuncture is effective for several conditions. Nevertheless, the Wellness Clinic does not provide a guarantee of success as treatment results depend on several conditions such as the severity of the disorder, the overall health of the patient, commitment to treatment, lifestyle and diet.