Infertility is generally defined as an inability to conceive after a year or more of regular sexual activity without using birth control. Infertility can stem from functional as well as structural problems. Low sperm count in males or an irregular menstrual cycle in females are a definite hindrance to fertility.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) believes that regulation of the menstrual cycle is the primary means of treating common, and often complex, women’s health issues. This is accomplished by determining the pattern of imbalance. The patient is then treated according to her individual condition and the phase of the menstrual cycle.
Getting pregnant naturally is often a matter of clearing the system of stagnation, increasing the blood supply to the ovaries, and restoring a level of general health. It is preferable to treat the man and the woman. Men are very easy to treat - sperm counts can improve very quickly.
To obtain the best treatment outcomes, Acupuncture is combined with Herbal Medicine and dietary recommendations. This is a relatively non-invasive approach which often offers a better success rate than traditional methods for significantly less cost.
TCM has been known to:
- Balance elevated follicle stimulating hormones (FSH) and regulate the menstrual cycle
- Improve ovary or testicle health resulting in better egg or sperm quality
- Increase blood supply to the uterus and building up the uterine lining
- Help implantation and reduce the risk of miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- Release the stress of infertility and its related treatments
- Increase the success rates of IVF and IUI
In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
The use of Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Formulas can enhance IVF results in four ways:
- By alleviating the side effects of medical treatments and improving response to hormonal stimulation.
- By improving the blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- By alleviating stress caused by the IVF procedures
- By calming the uterus to prepare it for implantation
When ovaries are functioning well, they are more responsive to stimulation by the Follicle Stimulation Hormone (FSH) and Estrogen levels will be high. High estrogen levels encourage the development of the lining of the uterus, stimulate more follicles and possibly contribute to better quality eggs.
Read our Blog on Infertility at: wellnessclinic.biz/blog/126-infertility-treatments
*DISCLAIMER: Please note that the results of the Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Qi Gong Energy Balancing and Medical Aesthetics services, ProDerm Skin Care products and Herbal Formulas available at the Fredericton Wellness Clinic may differ from person to person.*